One of our goals throughout the process will be to provide regular progress updates to leadership groups, and through them to the congregation. So, as of today, here’s the scoop:
- Why are we doing this again? We know that we are called to fulfill the Great Commandment and the Great Commission, but how? God has promised a vision and dream of a future blessing. As church, we are called to ‘equip the saints for the work of ministry’ – but what ministry? This process will help us discover the answers to these questions, so that we can be increasingly faithful to God’s call.
- Leadership Team nominations – 19 names have been received. Wade and Ken will work with the Elders and Ministry Council to filter that list down. Our hope is to get agreement and announce the team early next week.
Next steps in the process:
- The DDLT will become centered in scripture and prayer
The DDLT will work out the broad elements for
- ‘taking the census’ and
- ‘scouting out the land’
- The DDLT will share these steps with the Elders, Board, and MC
- The DDLT will recruit additional leaders for each of those elements
General structure for the season of Quest – Sundays are Oct 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Nov 6, 13
- Sunday School Curriculum prepared by Ken & others for all age groups
- Wednesday nights similar to our Lenten fellowship and reflection times
- Worship emphases through sermons, liturgy, prayer, etc
- Other elements tbd – designed by DDLT and others.
- Opening session, perhaps like an ‘ash Wednesday’
- Closing session – some kind of celebratory/dedicatory wrap-up
What am I forgetting?