“that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and the
fellowship of his sufferings, being conformed to his death.” Phil 3:10
We gather to pray. We pray to hear God.
We pray for our friends and family in need.
We pray for those who need to know God.
We pray to be conformed to the image of his Son.
We pray because He prayed.
Jesus asked his disciples in his darkest moment,
“Could you not watch with me one hour?’ (Mt 26.40)
Let your answer be, “YES!”
Our congregation joins with Christians around the world who gather to pray especially during this time. The Easter Prayer Vigil tradition goes back at least to the second century AD, during which time new believers made their final preparation for baptism. Please include others – friends, neighbors, family, co-workers – in this powerful time of prayer as we seek to draw closer to God.
* You may register for more than one 30 minute time slot.
* You will be provided with a printed prayer guide beginning Palm Sunday.
* You can call the church to have your name written in on a time slot.
* You are welcome to come to the church to pray, or pray wherever you are at your chosen time.
You will also find several prayer guides:
• covering the scripture passages for Lent and Easter
• Giving general guidance for prayer
• Outlining how to pray the stations of the cross
• Outlining how to pray the seven last words of Christ from the Cross
In addition, you may find it useful to pray through lists of folks you know, such as address books and phone directories from church, school, work, etc.
Take this time to quiet your heart and mind and allow God the opportunity to speak into you.