How have we done for 2007 so far in pursuing our 3-fold ministry focus – Youth, Visitor Attraction & Retention, and Outreach with Feet:
- The Church has funded from savings a Youth Ministry Intern staff position to provide increased leadership, vision, enthusiasm, creativity and energy
- Youth have engaged in mission projects
- Youth have engaged in more worship opportunities
- Youth have an increasing sense of ‘group’
- Youth have begun a “youth led” midweek Bible study
- Youth are increasingly taking ownership for and articulating their own faith.
Visitor Attraction & Retention:
- The Church provided an Alternative Worship Experience during Lent where several of our families brought their unchurched or dechurched friends and neighbors.
- The Church brought over 50 visitors to our campus through “the In the Grove” Jazz Concert & Children’s Festival. Several of those visitors have expressed interest in an ongoing relationship with FGCC.
- The Church brought over 25 visitors to our campus through “Galilee by the Sea VBS” – several of those families are unchurched and we will continue to follow up with them.
- Advertising for VBS & the “In the Grove” series put FGCC in front of our community with posters and flyers at area businesses, and in every home at Lovejoy and Hart Elementaries.
- The Church planned and participated in an intergenerational Spring Break Mission trip to Port Arthur for Hurricane Rita recovery, including 16 participants – children, youth and adults, including adults who did not have kids on the trip.
- The Church hosted, for the third year, a week of lunch and fun at Boyd Park on Bethany @ Jupiter in Allen. We also provide coordinating leadership to the entire mission through our pastor
- The Church has been in conversation with ACO and is engaged in a Mission Project @ Trinity Park on Lake Lavon, where we will join with 3 other churches to provide a new and much improved home to a resident there.
- The Church has already raised over $2000 and significant visibility for ACO and the Collin County Children’s Advocacy Center through our first two “In the Grove” concerts.